How to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single smartphone
If you have a dual-SIM Mobile then you can use dual SIM cards to make calls using separate numbers, and send messages using different numbers. But you know what? You can also set up dual WhatApp accounts in one mobile, Have you ever wondered how to install 2 WhatsApp accounts on one phone. In this process there are a few different methods to do this, and some phone makers are offering this as in-built feature. In other cases, you'll have to install third-party apps, but it's actually easy to run 2 WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone. Sorry all iPhone users, you are out of luck. If you have a dual-SIM mobile though, then next step is to check your settings, because it's quite possible that the manufacturer has already created settings or dual WhatsApp.
If you have an Oppo mobile , Xiaomi mobile, Honor mobile phones
If you have one of the above phones list, then the easy steps you need to follow are so simple, and they are also very alike across all three mobile manufacturers, which is why we have gathered them together in one place. In all three cases, you will start by installing WhatsApp on your mobile via Google Play. After that, you can clone the app in the phone settings.
Below there is step by step procedure to run two WhatsApp accounts on your Xiaomi phone, Oppo mobile and Honor mobile phones:
- After you have installed WhatsApp , go to Settings.
- Tap on Dual Apps.
- You will see a list of apps that can work with the feature, and toggles on the right side. Turn the toggle on to clone any app.
These above steps will help you to get a second copy of WhatsApp on your phone. There is a small different on a Vivo mobiles, so we'll just explain that first, and then talk about how to set up the second WhatsApp.
WhatsApp accounts on a Vivo phone
The steps for Vivo are very similar to other brands, but slightly different. To clone WhatsApp on a Vivo phone, simply follow below steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find App Clone, and tap it.
- Switch to enable "Display the Clone button".
- Install WhatsApp account on your mobile phone via Google Play store.
- Long press on any app icon. You will see a short "X"symbol to remove apps, but some, like WhatsApp, will also have a short Plus "+" symbol.
- Tap the Plus "+" to clone WhatsApp on your phone.
- Okay, so at this point, you should have two copies of WhatsApp on your phone. Here's what you have to do next.
Setting up Dual WhatsApp
Second whatsapp acount is extremely simple, same as above one.
- Start the second WhatsApp.
- On the next page, tap on Agree and Continue.
- Now, you have to verify your mobile number. Remember, this is the important, it has to be second SIM number, if you type in you primary number you're just shifting WhatsApp access from one app to the next.
- Once you've typed in your number, then confirm the number by tapping on ok.
- You will get verification SMS from whatsapp to check the number.
- That's it now you have got 2 versions of WhatsApp running on your mobile. You will be able to send and receive text messages using both numbers, so it's useful if you want to separate your personal usage from your professional usage.
If your phone Doesn't support app cloning?
- If your phone doesn't support app cloning? And you still need a dual-SIM phone, in order to send and receive text messages from two accounts. There are few methods that we found online.
- One of the best app is Parallel space.
- First you have to install Parallel Space via Google Play store.
- Once you start the app, it will take you to a Clone Apps page.
- Select all apps you want to clone, Add to Parallel Space button.
- Next, you will be taken to the parallel space, where the app is run in a virtual install on your phone.
- Finally , continue to set up WhatsApp as described above.
Another method is GB WhatsApp, but this involves installing the app via APK, this is a risk process so parallel space app is better choice for using dual whatsapp accounts on mobile.