Difference between Split AC and Window AC
Confused what to buy, split air conditioner or a window air conditioner? The air conditioner is a household appliance that can explode your electricity bills considerably and you should be very careful when buying one. With the help of this article, you can make quick decision for an air conditioner before making a purchase. Keep in mind that an air conditioner bought once will continue at least for next 10 years and, therefore, it is important to make a correct decision.
Purchasing an air conditioner is a multi-step procedure and if you do not follow it correctly, you may end up buying the wrong type or the wrong model. When you buy an air conditioner, expect it to work for at least a decade and there is nothing wrong with that. Therefore, choosing right product is mandatory for you.
Difference between Split AC and Window AC is in its structure and modification.
Split AC has 2 unique units, which are installed internally and externally. Indoor unit is inside the target room and works by taking inside the warm air and sending out the cold air. Meanwhile, outdoor unit called as the compressor, is outside the target room and is connected to the internal unit through pipes and electric cables.
- Internal unit uses less space for installation.
- Less noise than window ACs.
- Split AC can be installed in room with no windows.
Window AC is in window shape with only Single unit. These usually fits inside window frames. A single unit of Window AC comprises all necessary components such as compressor, condenser, expansion valve or coil, evaporator and cooling coil, all of them are in a single box. These ACs are easy to install in the home, therefore this makes them a better choice for small rooms.
- Only single unit air conditioner.
- Less effort for installation.
- Lesser cost compare to other AC’s.
Split air conditioner and Window air conditioner work on similar principals but only vary in capacities.
- Split Ac's is divided into two main components, therefore these are known for providing more capacity and can cover a wider range of area. These are used in large areas, such as offices and large rooms.
- Window AC is a single unit, all its components are structures inside a machine. Window AC have less capacity and are applicable for smaller areas. Window AC are easy to install and, therefore, can be chosen as good choice.